Thursday, January 26, 2012

Daily Dose 1-26-12


Proverbs 5:11-14 (MSG) You don't want to end your life full of regrets, nothing but sin and bones,
 Saying, "Oh, why didn't I do what they told me? Why did I reject a disciplined life? 
Why didn't I listen to my mentors, or take my teachers seriously? 
My life is ruined! I haven't one blessed thing to show for my life!"

Regret is a painful pill to swallow and too often it comes too late for any cure. We claim to want wisdom and direction in our lives. Yet, too often, when God provides wisdom and direction, we disregard it to go our own way. Or, we become so wrapped up in our own thoughts and busyness that we miss what’s clearly put in front of us. Wisdom is a gift God wants to bestow upon us – if only we ask. If we ask, but seem to still be lacking wisdom, it’s time to do a heart check. Do you think you know best and have no intention of listening? Slow down and spend some quite, submitted time before the LORD. Search scripture to learn what the Word says about your choices. Be very aware of counsel you may receive through prayer, scripture or fellow-believers. It may be direct wisdom handed to you from God Himself. You have a choice when wisdom is presented to you; either unwrap the gift and adjust your life accordingly or, rebel and suffer the consequences of regret. What will you choose?

Father, I hate regret! Make me aware of what you are trying to tell me. Prick my heart to discern between what is my own “wisdom” and what is true counsel being provided through You. Help me to submit to Your will! I love You Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment