Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Daily Dose 10-2-18

Philippians 3:10-14 I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Even as close as Paul was in His relationship with Christ, he admitted he still didn’t completely comprehend it all. He understood that this life race is a cross-country marathon, not a level track sprint. We will have uphill treks that are tough to endure. We will have obstacles in our path. Other runners may trip us up or encourage us to stray off the path. It is so important to maintain focus and keep looking forward. Whatever is in the past should be left in the past. Carrying past hurts and failures around is like a runner trying to endure a race with backpacks dragging him down. We must accept Christ’s victory over things of the past, focus on Him and run our race with perseverance.

Father, Take away the backpacks that drag me down on this life race. Help me to overcome and run with focused freedom! I am not a prize worthy of the price You and Your Son paid, but You paid it anyway. Help me to remember that cost everyday and be motivated to love more because of Your love for me; forgive more because You forgive me; trust more because You are always faithful; and, encourage more because You are my strength. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment