Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Daily Dose 10-17-18

Jeremiah 31:13b I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

Jeremiah was known as the Weeping Prophet. He was used by God to speak boldly to the people and bring them to repentance. He was ridiculed and beaten for his prophecies. In this particular dream, God gave Jeremiah a glimpse of what it would be like when He rescued Israel from captivity. We have been rescued from the captivity of our sins through the sacrifice of Jesus. We have the rest of the story and know a freedom like people in Jeremiah’s day could not comprehend. We have access to God’s Holy Spirit to bring our gladness, comfort and joy. Tap into the blessings Jeremiah dreamed about…they are your reality!

Father, When times are tough, I have Your strength and I am glad. When my heart aches, You bring me comfort. When I am sad, You bring me joy. Thank You! I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment