Monday, February 26, 2018

Daily Dose 2-26-18

Psalm 42:6-8 (MSG) When my soul is in the dumps, I rehearse everything I know of you, From Jordan depths to Hermon heights, including Mount Mizar. Chaos calls to chaos, to the tune of whitewater rapids. Your breaking surf, your thundering breakers crash and crush me. Then God promises to love me all day, sing songs all through the night! My life is God's prayer.

If life seems to be crushing you down, praising is a better solution than pouting. Taking the time to pause from self-pity to God-praise accomplishes a great deal. First of all, God is honored. He is worthy of the praise, so give it. Second, we begin to see the size of God vs. the size of our problems. He is big enough to conquer any challenge before us, or support us to get through it all. Third, we find love and comfort. God will never disregard the unbridled praise of His children focused on Him. When we empty our heart and mind of everything but Him, He WILL fill us up!

Father, I love our praise time together! Thank you for loving me back and lifting me up! I’m in awe of You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment