Monday, February 19, 2018

Daily Dose 2-19-19

Mark 4:24-25 (MSG) "Listen carefully to what I am saying—and be wary of the shrewd advice that tells you how to get ahead in the world on your own. Giving, not getting, is the way. Generosity begets generosity. Stinginess impoverishes."

Following Christ does not always make sense by the world’s standards. The world teaches us to look out for number one to get ahead. We learn phrases like, “It’s not personal. It’s business.” Jesus teaches us that everything in life is personal. How we treat others – especially those underprivileged or under our influence – is a direct reflection of how others see Jesus in us. As followers, we are intended to live generous lives. We are to be consumed with giving, not receiving. So, what does that look like? In our relationships, we love more and are less concerned with how we are loved in return. We worry more about collecting memories instead of creating monetary stuff. We confidently give when we are not sure if we can afford it. We open our eyes to the needs of others as opposed to focusing in on fulfilling our wants. We trust in God’s provision for us as we provide for others. Does it make a lot of sense? Not really. The equation to out-give our bottom line does not balance on the scales of the world; but Jesus came to tip those scales with generosity, grace, mercy and love. As His followers, we should measure up accordingly!

Father, Help me live out what I know in my heart. Get me out of the way in my life so Jesus can be seen in me! I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment