Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Daily Dose 2-7-17

Proverbs 8:10-11 Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her.

This section of Proverbs is called “Wisdom’s Call.” We read in scripture where God promises wisdom to those who ask. This is a beautiful picture of wisdom pursuing us. The image is almost like wisdom saying, “Pick me!” There are many requests we make of God to rectify situations or improve circumstances. Often things we are requesting may have already been taken care of it we had approached them with Godly wisdom in the first place. Try a new prayer request. Instead of asking God to intervene in a situation, ask Him to supply you with His wisdom for that purpose. In those moments when you know what to do, your faith will be increased and you can share the Glory of God in praising Him to others.

All Wise Father, So often I want You to fix things when You want to strengthen my faith by giving me Your wisdom to handle my circumstances. Give me Your wisdom to prevent future challenges and fix current situations. Reveal to me – and make it very clear through Your Word – to discern between Your wisdom and being wise in my own eyes. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment