Friday, December 18, 2015

Daily Dose 12-18-15

Habakkuk 3:17-19 Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, 
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, 
though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.

How we praise when life doesn’t seem so praiseworthy says a lot about our faith. It’s easy to rejoice and praise when we are on top. But, how do we treat God when He seems to be silent or His blessings seem to have ceased? If our joy in the LORD is contingent on blessings by the LORD, then He is not our LORD. A servant fully submitted learns to praise, love and find joy in good times and in bad. We are strengthened and renewed by our love for Him when we praise Him. If you are feeling a little down and out, instead of singing the blues, sing out the praise! He WILL lift you up!

Father, No matter how dark things may appear, You are my light! No matter how tired I may be, You are my rest! No matter how weary I become, You are my encourager! No matter how lost I was, Jesus is my Savior! By His wounds I am healed! Thank You LORD! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment