Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Daily Dose 12-16-15

Micah 6:8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? 
To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

We often complicate or over-think what walking a Christian life looks like. Even during the day of ritualistic sacrifices under the Old Law, God basically said it boils down to a matter of attitude. The three-point guide God gave Micah to share centuries ago is still applicable today. To act justly: Be fair with people. Be a good employee/employer and work hard for your boss/company. Don’t be a pot-stirrer. Love Mercy: Don’t hold grudges or constantly remind those who have wronged you what they did – forgive and love on (notice it’s not forgive and move on!). Believe the best in others. Don’t assume you know their thoughts and live in a belief they have wronged you in some way. Forgive others as eagerly as you seek the forgiveness Christ brings you. Walk humbly with God: When we focus on who God is and that He CHOOSES to walk with us, it’s a change of attitude. We move from, “What about me?” to “What about we?” spirit that sees what God sees in people who are not easy for us to love. When we accept God assignments, they are not always grandiose campaigns. Walking humbly with God is making a choice to act justly and love mercy in every day-to-day situation. Take a moment to pause today before you speak or react. Run what you are about to do or say through Micah’s test: is this the right reaction, am I loving and believing the best, and would God approve?

Father, My greatest struggle is thinking before I speaking or letting what I think others think guide my emotions. Guard my heart. Empower me to walk humbly with You! I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment