Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Daily Dose 8-25-15

Job 19:25-27 I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes—I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!

We talk about hardships and sufferings, but very few can relate to the devastation of Job. He lost all his wealth, all his children were killed, his friends and family turned away from him. He felt as though God for some reason had inflicted his misery, yet his faithfulness to God was resolute. How do you pursue God in your suffering? Do you turn your back because He allows hard times to fall upon you? Or, do you stand firm and declare His greatness and long to see Him face to face? Take your hardships boldly before the LORD. Know that He IS alive and in control. However, know that God does not always make everything “just right” for us just because we ask. Stand firm in your faith and love despite your circumstances. You can be assured, no matter how it may seem, He is standing with you through it all!

Father, I am overwhelmed by Your blessings and love. Forgive me when I question instead of praise. Change my thinking to stand firm in Your faithfulness and rejoice in Your willingness to stand with me. I love you! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment