Friday, November 7, 2014

Daily Dose 11-7-14

Hebrews 8:10b-12 (MSG) This time I'm writing out the plan in them, carving it on the lining of their hearts. I'll be their God, they'll be my people. They won't go to school to learn about me, or buy a book called God in Five Easy Lessons. They'll all get to know me firsthand, the little and the big, the small and the great. They'll get to know me by being kindly forgiven, with the slate of their sins forever wiped clean.

What has God written on your heart for you to know Him? On the surface, you may think it sounds as though there should be a major, earth shattering revelation if it’s from God. Not always true! God is a God of details, the smallest things are important to Him. He made the bumblee bee an engineering feat that by all formulas and design characteristics leave it grounded; yet, the bumblbee flies with precision to extract what is needed from plants to take back to its comb to make a very sweet, and uniquely-colored honey. What is it about you that is special? The best characteristics of you are God’s signature on your heart. If you think you are nothing special, look again. Ask God to show Himself through you – and pay attention! The best parts of you are not just you – it’s God introducing Himself to you and through you!

Father, I know my design seems quite imperfect at first blush. However, there are elements that make me – me, that are so much about You. Show me how to make more of you and less of me in my life. Place me in the situations where You designed me for You purpose – don’t let me miss it! Thank You so much for Jesus whose sacrifice cleans up the messiness of my heart so You signature can be seen! I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment