Sunday, November 23, 2014

Daily Dose 11-23-14

1 Peter 1:22-24 (MSG) Now that you've cleaned up your lives by following the truth, love one another as if your lives depended on it. Your new life is not like your old life. Your old birth came from mortal sperm; your new birth comes from God's living Word. Just think: a life conceived by God himself!

The Message translation of this scripture is pretty blunt. The prior verses talked about the sacrifice Christ made for us and how our lives should be lived differently because of it. At the base of this different living is love. Love motivated Jesus to give His life because our relationship with God depended on it. In return, He has asked us to love one another. It sounds simple. It’s easy to claim that you love, but is that love walked out by the way you treat people? Loving like Christ means you love, pray for and bless those who reject you, despise you or, could care less if you lived or died. With each relationship where we learn to love like Christ, we reflect Him more.

Father, Bring Your thoughts to my mind again and prick my heart to love. To love the unlovely and those who reject or disregard my love for them is the ultimate test of how Christ is reflected in me. Help me mirror my Savior. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment