Monday, July 21, 2014

Daily Dose 6-21-14

Psalm 17:6-8 I call on you, my God, for you will answer me; turn your ear to me and hear my prayer. Show me the wonders of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes. Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings…

Maybe David was considered the man after God’s own heart because he confidently trusted God for what God longs to do for each of us – to love and protect. Our God is faithful, but not forceful when it comes to boundaries we place around Him. Often, we don’t see ourselves as He sees us and we shy away from what He wants to provide. Does He still love and protect despite our limits of Him? Absolutely! But how much more of Him would we see if we saw ourselves as the apple of His eye? Take confidence in God’s love for you and let it shape your heart to trust His love more.

Loving, protecting Father, I am so blessed to be the apple of Your eye. It is hard for me to see myself that way sometimes, but I know the faults and flaws I have are covered by Christ’s blood when You look at me. I open my heart to You anew with no boundaries on Your love. Show me the wonders of that great love today! I loveYou! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment