Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Daily Dose 6-26-13


Psalm 144:1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.
As a warrior king, David fought many physical battles. He knew his source of strength and readiness came from the LORD, not from his own wisdom and preparation. Most of us today do not fight on physical battlefields, but every day we are on the front lines as war in the heavenly realms is waged for the prize of our hearts and the devotion of our thoughts. Satan does all he can to tempt and distract us away from God’s work. The sad part is, he doesn’t always have to work too hard. We allow ourselves to become engulfed in the busyness of this life that we forget that we are here for a greater purpose than accomplishing what’s on our “to do” list. Are you in God’s Word, which is His battle plan to help us fight this war for our hearts? Are your fingers quick and agile to fold in prayer and extend in praise as a warrior ready to release his bow on the enemy? You are a weapon in God’s battle for winning the hearts of His people. Put on your spiritual armor and fight the good fight! Don’t allow satan a victory over your heart and actions today!
Father, I confess I am not always prepared for this battle. I am sorry for the times I have handed satan the victory without him having to put up a fight. Prick my heart today to be a valiant warrior today. Let me see my assignments and rush to the front lines. I have my armor on! I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment