Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Enemy

Shortly after 9/11, my daughter Brooke was studying for Bible Bowl. She was spouting off scripture at break-neck pace just as any good Bible Bowler should. I quizzed Matthew 5:33-34 and she quickly began, "“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I tell you, love your enemies and pray ..." she stopped. The words she was saying sunk in. She looked at me and said, "You mean I have to love and pray for those men who crashed those planes?"

Prior to 9/11, I don't think she had ever processed "enemy." Flash forward 12 years and I read this blog post...All I can see is this little girl i my head who once again became acquainted with the word "enemy" and remembered the words of Jesus in that scripture.

May we all learn from her heart as it is touched by Jesus. 

Brooke's Blog From Cambodia

No comments:

Post a Comment