Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Daily Dose 3-19-13


Psalm 62:5-8 Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. 
My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. 
Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.
The Webster Dictionary offers three definitions for the word hope. All three can describe our walk of faith down the different paths of life. The first is to cherish a desire with anticipation. When our true hope comes from God, it is our desire to look for the ways we can deepen and strengthen our relationship with Him. We cherish our time with Him and anticipate how we may work with Him each day. We hope for an assignment from God that glorifies Him and gives us fulfillment. The second is to desire with expectation of obtainment. This is the hope we have that God is our sustainer, provider, rescuer and constant companion. We expect Him to be our rock when the world around us feels so shaky. We look to Him to receive our honor instead of looking to those around us to find our worth. The third is to expect with confidence, trust. This is where we walk through life with an eternal perspective. We see the big picture of salvation and KNOW it is a sure thing. We find joy in small things and peace in the midst of heartache and trials. Live in hope! Look forward to time with God and building your love relationship with Him. Have no fear of day-to-day worries. And finally, live in peaceful confidence that this life is fleeting and your real home awaits!
Father, You are my hope. I thank You that I can live in the hope and knowledge of Your salvation. Remind me each day that no matter what, You are the One who determines my worth. Thank You for valuing me when I feel so unworthy at times. I love You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment