Sunday, March 10, 2013

Daily Dose 3-10-13


Numbers 14:20-24 The LORD replied, “I have forgiven them, as you asked. Nevertheless, as surely as I live and as surely as the glory of the LORD fills the whole earth, not one of those who saw my glory and the signs I performed in Egypt and in the wilderness but who disobeyed me and tested me ten times— not one of them will ever see the land I promised on oath to their ancestors. No one who has treated me with contempt will ever see it. But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendants will inherit it.

Never underestimate God’s reward and patience for obedience and faithfulness; but also never underestimate His justice that we may be called to endure the consequences for or disobedience and lack of faith. The Israelites had been delivered from 400 years of bondage by the Mighty Hand of God in a powerful way. They witnessed the plagues on Egypt, the parting of the Red sea, the drowning of Pharaoh’s army in that sea and miraculous provision of food from the sky. Yet, when they faced the final challenge to take the land the LORD promised, they were full of fear, complaints and stood ready to stone those who professed God’s ability to give them victory. What “Promised Land” has God set before you? Are you willing to be obedient and faithful to receive it; or, will you remain full of fear and grumbling? Press on! Follow God’s command, stand faithful and take your promised land!

Powerful LORD, Forgive my lack of faith. I never underestimate what You CAN do; but I often underestimate what You WILL do for ME. Give me courage and strength to remain faithful. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment