Friday, October 5, 2012

Daily Dose 10-5-12

Jeremiah 6:14 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. 
‘Peace, peace,’ they say, when there is no peace.

God is serious about sin. He sees sin among His people, the church, as a wound that needs to be cleaned. His intention is for us to acknowledge our sin as we would a physical wound that is covered in filth. How silly it would be to stick a band-aid over a dirty wound! The debris works its way through the area, infecting tissues all around. From the outside, it looks as though healing is occurring. Yet underneath, the infection grows, spreading to other areas eventually leading to the blood stream. We need to get serious about sin in our lives! We look at severed relationships and put the band-aid of, “Some things are better left unsaid,” instead of sterilizing the wound and reconciling the conflict. We look at indiscretions or unethical behavior and put the band–aid of, “At least I’m not as bad as so-and-so,” instead of dealing with our own sin. Rise up, people of God! We must get the dirt out of our wounds before the infection spreads!

Father, My wounds, or sins, run deep. There are some areas I have cleaned and applied the stinging antiseptic of Your Word to keep me from inflicting more wounds. However, God, You know there are other areas I keep putting a fresh band-aid over. Help me to clean all areas with the blood Jesus shed to purify me. Prick my heart to stop me from repeating the same sins. Provide the opportunity to tend to past wounds or issues that need to be resolved. Please keep Your Hand of love and protection over me through it all. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment