Monday, June 25, 2012

Daily Dose 6-25-12


Acts 16:25-30 About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose. The jailer woke up, and when he saw the prison doors open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself because he thought the prisoners had escaped. But Paul shouted, “Don’t harm yourself! We are all here!” The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
Do the worries and hardships of life have you shackled in a prison of misery? PRAISE! Paul and Silas had every reason to be fearful, miserable and angry at God and those who imprisoned them. Instead, they chose to praise. As a result, prisoners were comforted, they were released from their shackles and prison, and entire household received salvation. What would happen to you and those around you if you began praising in your prison?
Freeing Father, Prick my heart to praise instead of pout when life doesn’t go my way. Let my praises free me from my self-imposed shackles and lead others to the joy of Your salvation. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment