Saturday, June 16, 2012

Daily Dose 6-16-12


Proverbs 17:9 Whoever would foster love covers over an offense, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends.
The love God wants us to have for one another is contrary to most of our basic human tendencies. In our flesh, we want to tell others when someone has hurt or offended us, or those we care about. We want to rally the troops against the offender. In doing so, we cause division and break relationships. God mourns. If we live by the Spirit and the love God desires, we go to the offender and work the issue out together. They make the offense right, we love, forgive, and move on. If they do not want to make the offense right, we are still obligated love, forgive and move on. In our human thought process, moving on means avoiding that person. God mourns. If we live in the Spirit of love God desires, we allow Christ’s loving forgiveness for us to cover the offense and love the offender, remaining in relationship with them. God rejoices! Who are you? Are you the offender who refuses to make things right to easily restore relationships? Or, are you the offended one who harbors the hurt, and continues to keep the offense in your heart and stirred up among mutual friends? If you are the latter, know that God mourns over your actions. Repent – whether they do or not – and begin to look at your offender with Jesus glasses. Know the sacrificial blood that covers all your offenses covers them as well. Restore relationships, moving on in love. God will rejoice!
Forgiving Father, It’s easy to say I can forgive and move on; but You call me to forgive and move on in love. Show me how You want me to restore relationships with those who don’t seem to care if the relationship is restored or not. Show me how You intend for me to respond; and soften my heart to be obedient to Your call for love. I want my actions to cause You to rejoice! I love You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment