Sunday, August 21, 2011

Daily Dose 8-21-11

Job 1:20-22 At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship and said: “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will depart.
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised.” In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.

Satan assumed Job’s faithfulness was a product of God’s protection and blessing. He thought that by destroying all God had provided Job – even the blessing of his children – that Job would turn his back on God and die in misery. One less person proclaiming God’s power is a huge victory for satan. However, Job surprised satan and stood firm in His proclamation of his faith in and praise of his Almighty God. What would satan remove from your life to entice you to surrender your faith? If there is anything or anyone, give them up to the LORD now. Let God – and satan - know that nothing supersedes your faith and praise in your provider. It is when we hold so tightly to our blessings that satan is convinced that we worship our gifts more than the Giver and he sees a crack in our spiritual armor. By giving all we have been given back to the LORD in faith, we set satan on notice that our hearts are off limits. Maybe then he will continue his roaming and leave you alone!
Father, You have blessed me beyond measure. I commit all I am, all I have and all I love to You. Blessed be Your name in my heart! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment