Thursday, August 11, 2011

Daily Dose 8-11-11

Psalm 31:21-22 Praise be to the LORD, for he showed me the wonders of his love when I was in a city under siege. In my alarm I said, “I am cut off from your sight!” 
Yet you heard my cry for mercy when I called to you for help.

Do you ever feel like God has abandoned you? Life is tough; struggles are great; and you feel defeated? The times when God may feel the farthest away are the times when He is hovering so closely – probably carrying you through. Often, God quietly waits for His children to call. Cry out to God in praise – not because He needs it – but because He needs you to know Him. Praise is where we acknowledge who God is and He reveals more of Himself to us. Cry out to God in the Pursuit of His Word. Read through scriptures of God’s faithfulness and ask Him to fulfill those promises in You. Cry out to God in prayer. Allow the Holy Spirit to intercede for you and change your prayers from what you need God to do – to asking God to help you be who He needs you to be. How do You call on God? Praise – Pursuit – Prayer!

Father, I know You are the Great and Holy One, worthy of all my praise. I thank You that You have promised Your protection over me. I ask you to prick my heart to guide me in the direction of Your will. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment