Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Daily Dose 7-19-11

I Chronicles 28:19-20 “All this,” David said, “I have in writing as a result of the LORD’s hand on me, and he enabled me to understand all the details of the plan.” David also said to Solomon his son, “Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished.

David wanted desperately to build the temple. God had given him the plans, he visualized it, he was passionate about it – but God said no. As a warrior, David’s hands would not be the one to construct the temple. God told him it would be his son Solomon who would be the chosen one. David was accustomed to getting his way. He could have pleaded with God. He could have mourned over the loss of his dream. He could have turned his back. Instead, David saw his role in God’s plan as a supporter, encourager and a philanthroper. He gave Solomon the plans and blessed and encouraged him. He gave of his own wealth to fund the construction and encouraged others to do the same. Is there something you want to do for God, but He has said no? Look deeper. He may have a role for you that you did not expect. Humble yourself to be willing to do whatever job God presents…you will find blessings and peace!

Father, I dream big dreams and make big plans, but I am not sure they are always Your plans. I will submit to whatever role You have for me. Show me what You will have me do. I love You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment