Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Daily Dose 5-4-11

Psalm 104:33-34 I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the LORD.

True praise aims to please…not the praiser(s), but the One to whom the praise is extolled. Often in our worship services, or personal praise, we focus more on how we sound or how we look. The only thing God looks for are hearts looking to Him. The sounds He longs to hear are hearts tuned to the key of adoration. Should we always strive for excellence? Absolutely! But we should always remember Who we are aiming to please.

Father, I praise You for Who You are. I am humbled that You are eager to hear my meager praise that is not worthy for others to hear, but to You it is beautiful. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment