Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Daily Dose 5-11-11

Proverbs 15:1 A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

We are not programmed for gentle in our society. We are programmed to defend and pursue. How differently would the people around us react if all our actions were executed with the gentleness of Christ? We so often want to defend our thoughts, actions and plans that we forget who we are at times. When you sense the “perfect” reaction or zinger to belittle someone who may have provoked you, take a breath and let the reaction go through a gentleness filter and choose the Godly response.

Father, Change my heart so the words that come from my lips will be pleasing to You and have a kingdom impact on those who hear. Forgive my prideful responses and prick my heart to be gentle with Your children. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment