Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Daily Dose 5-17-11

John 9:39 Jesus said, “For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.”

The judgment of Jesus lies in our ability to see. Physical sight is not necessary to follow Christ, but spiritual sight is imperative. It is our spiritual sight that allows us to see Jesus, His sacrifice and open our hearts to His truth. What we do with that truth determines the judgment. There are many Christians who claim to know truth, just like the Pharisees of Jesus’ day, yet they live as if they are blinded to Him. If our lives revolve around discord and turmoil, yet we claim to see and know Christ, maybe we are actually blind. The blurred spiritual vision is a tool in satan’s battle against us. If He can skew how we look at others instead of seeing them through the vision of Christ, he can break the unity of the saints and weaken the kingdom. When all those around you seem to be wrong, put the spiritual glasses of the Holy Spirit on and get in the Word. Allow God to open our eyes, and in turn, open your heart. Are you living your life with 20/20 spiritual vision?

Father, I need physical glasses, but they are cumbersome and inconvenient, and my vision is compromised. May I never compromise my spiritual vision! Open my eye to Your truth, even when it is hard to see. Give me the insight and wisdom to correct my view so that others may see You in me. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment