Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Fall Therapy 12-4-18

1 John 4:20-21 (MSG) If anyone boasts, "I love God," and goes right on hating his brother or sister, thinking nothing of it, he is a liar. If he won't love the person he can see, how can he love the God he can't see? The command we have from Christ is blunt: Loving God includes loving people. You've got to love both.

If we say we are Christians, we must act like it! Acting like a Christian is not about spouting religious rhetoric or sending e-mail and facebook chain messages with, “If you love Jesus, send this…” Acting like a Christian is acting out of love. It is sharing salvation, not to get a notch on our mission belt, but because we truly love others and want them to know God’s loving peace here and an eternity with Him in heaven. Acting like a Christian is loving those we don’t particularly like. When we love enough, liking becomes easier. Generally, we dislike people out of distrust or fear. Prior to this verse, John said, Perfect love drives out fear.” With love, all things are possible, because when we love, we are living God’s plan. Who do you need to show love to today?

Loving Father, No matter how much I profess love for You, it is futile if I don’t show Your love to others. Help me love perfectly. Prick my heart to set aside distrust, prior rejection, my own hurt and simple annoyances. Nourish the seed within me that is planted by Your love. Let it flourish so much in me that I can’t help but love others. When I am consumed with the foliage of Your love, love for others will be my bloom. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment