Thursday, December 13, 2018

Daily Dose 12-13-18

Proverbs 29:25 (MSG) The fear of human opinion disables; trusting in God protects you from that.

Insecurity is a huge issue in our society. We are bombarded by media messages telling us how we should look and what we “need” to be successful and accomplished. We long for acceptance and look to the opinion of others to validate our worth. That’s understandable for those who don’t know God and do not have a relationship with Jesus. However, for a Christian, insecurity should be a foreign concept. We were chosen and known by name before God laid the foundations of earth. He gently knit us together in the womb – perfect in His eyes – the way He intended us to be. He sacrificed His Son from the splendor of heaven just so we could have a relationship with Him. His Son was willing to endure suffering, humiliation and the agony of the cross as the price for us to be in relationship with the Father and spend eternity with Him. With all that love lavished upon us, how can we feel unloved and inferior? How can planting insecurity in our hearts be a weapon in satan’s arsenal on Christians? We should be dealing with the sin of arrogance because of how loved we are! However, insecurity forces Christians to make poor decisions that impact the rest of their lives. Insecurity causes Christians to pull back from Godly relationships, feeling unworthy. Insecurity brings division in our churches as some feel rejected by those who mask insecurity by lording their superiority. Yes, it’s easy to see why satan so often pulls out this tool to disempower the believer. Insecurity is a complete focus on self. We find security when we focus on God. Don’t let satan cripple your impact for the kingdom by placing the rocks of insecurity along the path of your life! Walk tall with confidence! You are the chosen child of the Most High God, a fellow-heir of Jesus Christ!

Father, It is so easy to forget who I really am when I look to find my identity anything other than the reflection of You. When I look in the mirror, train my eyes to see what You see. When I look at my life, help me to seek Your path and will without the fears satan can whisper in my ear. Help me to remember that I can never outlove Your love for me and that is the only acceptance I should seek! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment