Sunday, May 27, 2018

Daily Dose 5-27-18

John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Jesus pretty much assures us life will not be easy. We will be hurt. We will have struggles. We will have pain. The difference in a Christian’s life is that these struggles are not faced alone. Just before this statement, Jesus promised the coming of the Holy Spirit to be our comforter and guide through the struggles of life. The ability of the Holy Spirit to be active and powerful in our lives is up to us. We can quench the spirit when we choose disobedience over His suggested path. We inhibit the Spirit when we arrogantly think we know best. We weaken the Spirit’s influence when we do not empower Him through our time in the Word and in prayer. However devastating your struggle may be, stand encouraged. We know the rest of the story…Jesus wins! Through His victory and our faith in Him, we obtain peace on earth through all trials and the gift of everlasting life with Him where struggles will no longer be a part of our vocabulary!

Father, I appreciate so very much the way You, through Your Holy Spirit, have carried me through trials and continue to support me when I am struggling. Give me the wisdom to do all I can to allow Your Spirit to be more active and powerful in my life. I desperately seek the guidance and peace that comes from You. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment