Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Daily Dose 3-20-18

Psalm 63:3-5 Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. 
I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. 
I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

In our society, do we know what it is like to be fully satisfied? We are programmed to want more…marketers are actually convincing us we NEED or DESERVE more. Accumulation of power, stuff and pleasures is a high priority. When David wrote this Psalm, he was in the desert of Judah, probably on the run from King Saul who was trying to kill him. His prayer was not in fear begging for protection. His prayer was full of praise and professing that he loved God more than his life. All he needed for complete satisfaction was the love of God. Do we love God more than life? Or, do we love the life God can provide? Look to Him for your satisfaction today. He will never leave, He will never disappoint, God’s love truly does satisfy!

Loving Abba, Your love is my greatest possession and gift. Remind me when I come to You with requests and plans, that I have all I need. Let me never long for the love of others more than reveling in the love I have found in You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment