Saturday, March 17, 2018

Daily Dose 3-17-18

Luke 2:49-52 “Why were you searching for me?” he asked. “Didn’t you know I had to be in my Father’s house?” But they did not understand what he was saying to them. Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart. And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.

As parents today, we constantly wonder if we are doing the right things when raising the children God has entrusted to our care. Can you imagine the pressure of being parents to the Son of God, the Messiah? Imagine the fear and anxiety Mary and Joseph felt as they thought they had lost Him? What were their conversations like as they discussed His care and instruction? Through it all, Mary treasured each moment. That is a valuable perspective to achieve. Many of the “tasks” God has entrusted to our care cause stress and anxiety. Whether it is parenting, caring for older parents, serving in Church ministries, starting a new ministry, or living a spirit-filled life in a work setting, we need to stop and treasure the eternal benefits of our assignments. We may not be parenting the Messiah, but God always puts opportunities before us to have a kingdom impact….treasure each one.

Father, There is no greater joy I find than knowing You allowed me to participate in one of Your assignments. Don’t let me miss any! Help me to see Your plan in assignments that may seem small or like they don’t come from You. I treasure working for You…assign more! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment