Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Daily Dose 10-10-17

Psalm 80:17-19 Let your hand rest on the man at your right hand, the son of man you have raised up for yourself. Then we will not turn away from you; revive us, and we will call on your name. Restore us, LORD God Almighty; make your face shine on us, that we may be saved.

Jesus was at the right hand of God in the beginning, creating and forming all the wonders of the universe. He humbled Himself to come into the world He created in the lowest stature of all, a babe born in poverty and shame. Yet, because of the perfect life He lived, He was able to be our perpetual sacrifice. God raised Him up and He is seated at our Father’s right hand – again. Instead of assisting God in creation, He is there for us, standing in as our intercessor. When we believe in and accept Jesus for who He is and what He did for us, we have an advocate, One with authority vouches for us and brings us salvation. Along with freeing us from our sins and presenting us as pure before God, Jesus shows us off as lovely before God that brings a smile to His face and blessings from His hand. No matter how unlovely You may feel, Jesus is willing to give you the ultimate make-over. The image He shows God of you will have a bit of His reflection, a site impossible for God to resist!

Father, On my own I am so unappealing. The only good there is in me are the areas where I have allowed Jesus to clean up. Empower Your Holy Spirit to prick my heart to make all of me irresistible to You. When You look at me, may You see the reflection of Your Son and smile! Help me reflect His image to others so they may know You as well. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment