Thursday, August 31, 2017

Daily Dose 8-31-17

Job 38:8-11 Who shut up the sea behind doors when it burst forth from the womb, when I made the clouds its garment and wrapped it in thick darkness, when I fixed limits for it and set its doors and bars in place, when I said, ‘This far you may come and no farther; here is where your proud waves halt’?

Job wanted to know why he was suffering. He had done all he could to be obedient and faithful. He remained resolute in his love for God, but wanted God to explain why he was enduring such loss. The message God sent to Job was not only for him. The story of his suffering and faithfulness would encourage, comfort and inspire us thousands of years later. God wanted Job ~ and us ~ to know that no matter how things may look at times, He IS in control. Why is not necessary for us at all times. God is God; we are not. If you are suffering, remember Job. Know that what you are enduring may have untold implications woven in its fabric. God wants us to move from “Why” to “How.” We don’t need to waste time questioning why God allows hardship. We need to move toward asking Him how we should respond in the midst of suffering. Ask for His direction to respond in such a way that makes His glory as visible through You as the waves knowing their boundaries during high tide.

Majestic Creator, You are more beautiful, powerful and sovereign than my mind can comprehend. If You tried to explain all the whys, I still would not be able to grasp the entirety of Your plan. Comfort me in my hard times and give me Your wisdom, strength, and courage to live in such a way that Your glory is revealed through me. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment