Saturday, January 7, 2017

Daily Dose 1-7-16

Matthew 6:14-15 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Forgiveness is what we need the most from God, yet what seems to be the hardest to give to others. It’s always easier to forgive those who come to you with a repentant heart - but what about those who don’t seem to notice or care that they have hurt you? How do you forgive and move on? The need for God’s forgiveness is greater when you struggle to forgive others than any sin you can commit. Christ tells us our lack of forgiveness stops God’s flow of mercy to us. You must begin to visualize the bitterness you feel toward others being projected by God onto you.

Abba Father, Help me. I need Your heart and eyes to forgive others and see them through Your loving eyes. I can’t bear to think of my unforgiveness separating me from Your mercy and grace. Forgive me. Help my heart heal and flow Your forgiveness to others – even when they don’t seem to care. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment