Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Daily Dose 1-3-17

Matthew 4:10-11 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only. Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

Jesus showed us how to resist temptation and stop ourselves from sin. The tools we need must be gathered BEFORE the temptations come. Psalms tells us to hide His Word in our hearts. That’s what Jesus had done. He had scriptures at His disposal to combat satan’s schemes. Learning scripture is not just to impress other Christians with your knowledge. Learning scripture is building an arsenal to defend yourself. There is power is speaking the Word of God…and satan shudders! Figure out your greatest temptations and find scriptures that speak against them. Memorize those scriptures and be ready. The next time you are tempted speak out loud the scriptures. Follow the example of Christ and calmly say, “It is written…” Eventually, satan will leave you alone and you can have victory that will bring glory to God and a smile of Father’s pride upon His face!

Father, The areas where I struggle are not a secret to me and certainly not to You. Prick my Spirit to recall Your scriptures and help me defend against satan’s schemes. I want to bring glory to You with my life! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment