Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Daily Dose 12-21-16

Zachariah 1:3 Therefore tell the people: This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘Return to me,’ declares the LORD Almighty, ‘and I will return to you,’ says the LORD Almighty.

If you feel like God has deserted you, look around to see who moved. God is eager to embrace us into His protection, but He will not force us to be in relationship with Him. Like us, He wants to be wanted. Some feel God has deserted them when they are enduring tough trials. Nothing could be farther from the truth. He never promised we would not go through trials, but He did promise to go through them with us – if we allow Him. Hardships are often a litmus test for our faith. We will either cling to God with every fiber of our being, or lose heart and turn away. When we walk closely with God through the good times and the mundane, He is the safe place we run to when times are tough. Most hardships are a result of sin entering the world and bad things can happen to good people – even God’s people. Other hardships can be God allowing them as a call to repentance. You are the only one who can examine your heart to know if your run to God is one of clinging closer, or repentance. Either way, He is eager to grasp You in His arms – just run!

Father, I am running into Your arms! Thank You for Jesus who’s sacrifice gives me complete access to You! I come to You with a heart broken by my own sin and overcome with struggles that are just a part of doing life. I know You are with me and I am comforted by Your embrace. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment