Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Daily Dose 11-29-16

Daniel 6:16-21 So the king gave the order, and they brought Daniel and threw him into the lions’ den. The king said to Daniel, “May your God, whom you serve continually, rescue you!” A stone was brought and placed over the mouth of the den, and the king sealed it with his own signet ring and with the rings of his nobles, so that Daniel’s situation might not be changed. Then the king returned to his palace and spent the night without eating and without any entertainment being brought to him. And he could not sleep. At the first light of dawn, the king got up and hurried to the lions’ den. When he came near the den, he called to Daniel in an anguished voice, “Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God, whom you serve continually, been able to rescue you from the lions?” Daniel answered, “May the king live forever! My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, Your Majesty.”

The story of Daniel is one of the most inspiring scriptures to encourage us to stand strong in our faith no matter how the world views us. The interesting part of Daniel’s story is those who were jealous of him and wanted him destroyed knew the only wrong that could be found in him would be to force his faith in God to be illegal. Can that be said of us? Do people we are in contact with everyday even know that we are people of faith? If they did seek ways to bring us down, would they have many more options than making it illegal to pray?

Father, Help me to live so that the only fault accusers could find in me is my dedication to and faith in You. I am weary of mediocrity. Empower You spirit within me to help me live a life of boldness in every aspect! I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment