Monday, November 21, 2016

Daily Dose 11-21-16

Psalm 119:10-11 I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

The time we spend hiding the Word of God in our hearts empowers the Holy Spirit to be more active in our lives. Learning scripture is vital in the battles we face in spiritual warfare. The Holy Spirit will guide us, however, learning scripture before the battles is like preparing soldiers for war. You would never send a soldier into battle without a weapon to defend himself. Scripture is a powerful weapon in the heart of a Christian. Let God’s Word soak in your heart so you stand prepared for satan,our enemy, and the schemes he devises to lead you down a dangerous path.

Father, Arm me for battles with the weapon of Your Word. May I be able to follow the example Jesus gave when He was tempted. Let, “It is written…” always begin my defense against satan’s schemes. Thank You for preserving Your Word to empower me. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment