Thursday, July 7, 2016

Daily Dose 7-7-16

Psalm 5:3 In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.

So many of us are ready to put our requests before the LORD, but how do we do at listening? Prayer is not a one-way conversation. We may not have burning bush moments where we audibly hear God’s response; but the more we practice listening the more we recognize His voice. God reveals His answers to us through His Word, circumstances and confirmation of others. When you spend time in the Word after prayer, you will often see a scripture in a new light that pricks your heart. If it is a stronghold you are praying to overcome, studying scripture on the subject puts satan on notice. There are times when God reveals His answers through circumstances by having doors open or shut to guide you. God also uses His people to answer your prayers. Having a prayer partner you trust to truly lift up your requests and seek wise counsel on your behalf is priceless. Cherish and protect those relationships. The hardest answer to hear sometimes is, “Wait.” Waiting on the LORD’s timing is not easy, but its rewards are great. Learning to trust Him increases your love for Him. God ever fails to answer your prayers, just be sure you’re ready to listen!

Father, I love talking with You through prayer. Thank You for helping me recognize Your voice more clearly each day. Attune my heart to hear in ways my ears could not comprehend. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment