Sunday, June 5, 2016

Daily Dose 6-5-16

2 Samuel 24:24 But the king replied to Araunah, “No, I insist on paying you for it. I will not sacrifice to the LORD my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing.”

What kind of offerings do we make to the LORD today? Do we throw a few dollars in the plate out of habit or to relieve some guilt, or do we truly sacrifice in order to please Him? There are times God asks us to sacrifice time; that is when we become financially generous. We would rather throw money at a problem than get our hands dirty in service. There are times when God asks us to sacrifice our pride and concede on an argument of preference; it’s then that we become vigilant for the cause. When God asks for our vigilance, to take a stand; we claim peace and humility, becoming politically correct. When will we rise above giving God what we want Him to have versus what He requires of us?

Father, I know my sacrifices often fall into convenient giving. Give me Your eyes to see what You require of me beyond what I currently give. Prick my heart to know what is Your desire versus what I am comfortable giving. I love You Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment