Friday, March 27, 2015

Daily Dose 3-27-15

Psalm 69:5,13-14 You, God, know my folly; my guilt is not hidden from you. But I pray to you, LORD, in the time of your favor; 
in your great love, O God, 
answer me with your sure salvation. Rescue me from the mire, 
do not let me sink; 
deliver me from those who hate me, 
from the deep waters.

God knows us like no other. He knows every motivation and nuance of the workings of our hearts. He knows why we get stuck in mire and why people would turn against us. He knows why we are often in over our heads. He knows all this…yet He loves. David was not known as a man without sin. He was known as a man after God’s own heart. Start pursuing God and His favor by first acknowledging that He knows your junk and loves You anyway. Pursue His heart with passion and that pursuit will begin to cleanse away the junk. Pursue Him with honesty and strokes of obedience and you will begin swimming through waters that once engulfed you. Pursue Him in love and others will be drawn to you in love.

Loving Abba, You know my heart and know that I am unworthy of your love or the pure love of others…yet You love me anyway. Tune my heart to sing Your praises and pursue You instead of pursuing the love and affection of others. Help me know in faith You provide all I need. I love You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment