Saturday, August 23, 2014

Daily Dose 8-23-14

Psalm 38:15-18 LORD, I wait for you; you will answer, Lord my God. For I said, “Do not let them gloat or exalt themselves over me when my feet slip.” For I am about to fall, and my pain is ever with me. I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin.

Periods of waiting on the LORD can be difficult. When we are fearful or anxious it is easy to feel like God has deserted us. However, it is in the wait that we build great faith. While we wait, there should be two important activities – praise and self-examination. Praise is obvious. When we can wait on the LORD and remain faithful to praise, we demonstrate that our relationship with God is more important to us than what He can provide. When we examine our hearts, we may be able to see what God is trying to purify in us. Sometimes, what we seek rescue from is a consequence of our sin. If you are in a period of waiting on God’s rescue, spend time with Him in praise and confession. Ask Him to reveal what He needs to change in you to be ready for His next step in your life.

Father, I don’t need to bring a worry list to You. You know my needs more than I do. I bring to You a heart completely in love with You. I bring my broken heart, crushed by my sin, to You. I know full well You are eager to forgive and mend my heart to be completely pure for service to You. I wait in faith. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment