Monday, August 18, 2014

Daily Dose 8-18-14

Psalm 35:26-28 May all who gloat over my distress be put to shame and confusion; 
may all who exalt themselves over me be clothed with shame and disgrace. May those who delight in my vindication shout for joy and gladness; may they always say, “The LORD be exalted, who delights in the well-being of his servant.” My tongue will proclaim your righteousness, your praises all day long.

David often found himself in distress, being hunted down by Saul. He had a physical enemy that sought to destroy him. David knew who to call for his rescue and vindication. However, David, the man after God’s heart, did not seek security and vindication for his own comfort. He was looking for God’s glory in his rescue. He wanted his blessing to show how great his God was – not how great he was. From what do you need to be rescued? Examine your heart. Do you seek rescue for your own purposes, or to bring glory to God? Often people promise to give God the glory if or when they have victory. David was a man of constant praise despite his circumstances. Try praising in the midst of your distress instead of a promise of praise in the victory!

Father, You are well aware of my needs. You know more than I how much I need Your hand of rescue. I turn my concerns to You and praise You – for who You are, not for what You will do. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment