Monday, May 26, 2014

Daily Dose 5-25-14

Proverbs 16:2-3 All a person’s ways seem pure to them, but motives are weighed by the LORD. Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.

Life decisions are never easy. We weigh pros and cons and struggle to know what is our will and what is God’s plan. We can easily justify any decision we make as being “from the LORD,” even if it is far from what He knows is best. Spending more time in the Word and in submissive prayer opens our heart to His will more than our own. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the motives of your heart today and turn them over to God. His plan will always be much better.

Father, I am through making life decisions based on my thoughts. Please make very clear to me what Your will and plans may be. Then, I beg You for the strength and courage to carry out Your plan instead of deviating down my own path. I love You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment