Friday, May 16, 2014

Daily Dose 5-16-14

John 8:42-46 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

To whom are you listening? It’s pretty black and white. Satan is a whisperer of lies to deceive, entrap and belittle us. His words tear us down and magnify any insecurities. He is the reason we doubt, fear and manipulate. God whispers truth, hope, love and encouragement. Isn’t that what we all need? Yet, when it comes down to it, who’s voice do we turn the volume up to hear? If we are unsettled, fearful, anxious, insecure, self-justifying and divisive, chances are we have not only turned up satan’s volume, we have given him surround sound. If we have love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control, most likely we are spending time in His Word, tuning in and turning up the volume of the Holy Spirit. We will never achieve all of the attributes of the Spirit every day, and again, that’s where satan’s voice will convince us we are failures and encourage us to give up. It’s clear. You make a choice. Listen to one voice or the other. Who’s voice will you choose to hear?

Father, I choose to listen to You and I want to be Yours and Yours alone. Yet, satan does come through loud and clear. PLEASE tear his speakers from my head! Tune me in to hear You and only You. Give me discernment and courage to recognize the lies and take a stand against satan’s schemes. I love you! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment