Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Daily Dose 2-12-14


Exodus 34:14 Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.
It’s strange to think of God as jealous. He is the Almighty creator of the Universe; what could we have to offer that He would want us so badly? Have you ever pursued a relationship – either a romantic interest or a desired friendship? You find yourself thinking of the object of your affection in small ways throughout the day. You let them know either through gestures or words you are interested in them.  You find ways to be where you know they will be. If you see them with another where you are not invited, your heart breaks a bit.  If they approach you, you are wiling to drop whatever you are doing to make time for them. God created us in His own image. We learned the relationship pursuit from Him. He thinks of us all the time. He blesses us in amazing ways we often miss each day. He made the grandest gesture of all by giving His Son as a sacrifice so we could come to Him. Despite holding the world in His Hand, His ear is turned to hear our cries for help and shouts of joy. He hovers close to be near us, waiting for our call…how do you respond to His pursuit? Do you compartmentalize areas of your life where He is allowed here, you want Him there, but He is not invited to certain areas? Just like with the Israelites, God is jealous for you. Say yes to His relationship pursuit!
Father, I am overwhelmed to think of You pursuing me – especially since you really know me. I can’t imagine how it must sadden and frustrate you when I spend so much energy trying to validate my worth through the affections of others, when You lavish Your love on me. Forgive me. I invite You to have my whole heart. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment