Monday, January 6, 2014

Daily Dose 1-6-14


Genesis 15:1 …“Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward.”

God has not preserved the scriptures all these years simply as a historical document. We are to use the examples we read in scripture to build our own faith and see how God wants to develop a relationship with us. Abram, later known as Abraham, was not a perfect man. He was not some mythical being with great powers…he was just a man. However, he loved God, walked faithfully with Him, and was known as God’s friend. If you are embarking on a new adventure with the LORD, know that He will be there to protect you and revel in your success – just as He did with Abram.

God of Abraham, I know that I have the potential to be called your friend. Please shape my eyes and form my heart to begin to see myself as You would have me to be. I know Your plans for me are greater than I can imagine. Allow me to see a glimpse and guide my steps. Thank You for being my shield. No matter what comes, I know You are and always will be my greatest reward. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment