Monday, January 27, 2014

Daily Dose 1-27-14


Exodus 4:10-13 (MSG) Moses raised another objection to God: "Master, please, I don't talk well. I've never been good with words, neither before nor after you spoke to me. I stutter and stammer." God said, "And who do you think made the human mouth? And who makes some mute, some deaf, some sighted, some blind? Isn't it I, God? So, get going. I'll be right there with you—with your mouth! I'll be right there to teach you what to say." He said, "Oh, Master, please! Send somebody else!"
It’s refreshing that scriptures let us see a glimpse of the fear and insecurity felt by the heroes of faith. Moses was audibly hearing God from a burning bush. He had just seen his staff turn into a snake and back into a staff. He saw the horror of leprosy inflicted on his hand, then cured immediately. All this, and he was still afraid. He was not necessarily fearful and insecure about what God could do, but he focused on his own limitations. How many of us can relate to that? We have faith that God can move mountains – we just aren’t sure He’ll choose to move our mountains! Whatever you think stands in your way of doing what God has called you to do, share with Him your fears and limitations. He may send you an Aaron to work beside you, or He may remove the limitation all together! Regardless, God will ensure that you are capable to do whatever He calls you to accomplish. Stop listing the excuses and pick up you staff!
Holy God, I am completely convinced You have the power and ability to do whatever You want to accomplish Your purpose. Faith in You is never an issue for me. However, I do struggle with faith in You through me. I know my faults, shortcomings and sins. Help me to see how You look beyond my limitations. Empower me with the confidence You have in me and show me Your next steps! I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment