Friday, October 25, 2013

Daily Dose 10-25-13

2 Timothy 4:7-8 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

Paul was a valiant warrior for the cause of Christ. That is somewhat ironic since, as Saul, he had been a destructive persecutor of those who followed Christ. As destructive as he had been to the early church, Paul did everything he could to grow the church for the future. You see, he was running a race. Runners don’t stop their race and look back. However, some Christians want to live in the glory days of old, looking back at the past with longing. Others are so ashamed of their past, they are paralyzed to run for their future. Paul kept running, whether he was in prison chains for the Gospel, or sharing encouragement with the survivors of his destruction. What is your race? Have you taken a rest along the way to figure out where to go, ruminate on the past, or stare blindly into the future? Just keep running! Trust God to direct your steps! Know that He has a place and a purpose for you – and it does not include wasting time! Run your race, no matter how far away the finish line may be. Don’t pace yourself for this one…live each day as if you are finishing strong!

Father, I trust You to guide my steps. I’m certainly unsure of their direction right now. Show me my course. Empower Your Spirit to spur me on. I want to finish strong every day! My race is for You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment