Sunday, February 10, 2013

Daily Dose 2-10-13


Psalm 32:7 You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.

This scripture is a beautiful picture of God’s unfailing love. Prior to this verse, David had talked about confession and how God forgave his sins. He knew that God’s love was greater than any sin he could commit, but in order to receive that shelter, confession was necessary. Maybe we don’t feel comfortable and secure in God’s forgiveness because we aren’t completely honest with Him in confession. If it weren’t so sad, it would be humorous. The thought of us “hiding” our sin from God is inconceivable, yet we do it all the time. Maybe it’s pride that prevents us from complete confession. Maybe we don’t want to admit to ourselves the sins that we commit; much less take them to God. That is a great tool for satan to se to minimize our relationship with the Almighty. Guilt creates a barrier that limits the warmth of God’s embrace. Stop trying to hide sin from yourself and most importantly to God. Confess boldly to Him and allow His loving forgiveness to break the guilt barrier and hold You tightly in His redemptive, protective embrace.

Father, I am so naive to think I can hide or minimize sin in my life. You see my heart and my actions and know each shortcoming in detail – yet You love me anyway! I am so humbled to know that despite all You know about me, You are eager and waiting for me to uncover my full self to You so that You can fully redeem and protect me. I love You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment