Saturday, December 1, 2012

Daily Dose 12-1-12

Psalm 120:1 I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me.

There are times in life we see crying out to God as a last resort. That’s fine. He should be our final source of refuge. However, the book of Psalms is about crying out to the LORD in ALL areas of our lives, not just our most desperate times. We need to cry out in praise for no other reason than He is worthy of it. Cry out to Him in thanksgiving for blessings He has given. Cry out for wisdom and courage to do more for His kingdom. Cry out to Him for others who need His protection and love. Just as a mother’s ears are attuned to interpret her child’s cries, our Father turns His ear toward His children and listens. Find some alone time today to cry out to the LORD in a new way…He’s waiting for your call!

Father, You know my desperate cry too well. Today, I will cry out to You in praise. I trust You enough to forgo my request calls today. You know my needs and the needs of those I love. Today, is a day of Praise! I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment